Power Saver™ 3.5 Center Drive
The most efficient gearmotor for center pivots and lateral move irrigation systems
The UMC® dual voltage electric motor, available in 3 phase is designed to work with global power sources. When coupled with our wide range of speed reducing gear ratios, the grower is able to precisely control water application while saving energy.
The UMC® Power Saver™ center drive is available with a 3 phase, 460/380-volt AC, 60/50 Hz electric motor. We offer multi-ratio, speed-reducing gearboxes that use 95 percent-efficient helical spur gears for power transmission to the final drive gearbox.
Features and Benefits
- Spray guard for added moisture protection when sprinkler nozzles are located below the gearmotor. A feature found only on UMC® Power Saver™ Center Drive.
- Available in 3 phase, single phase and inverter duty applications.
- Aluminum finned stator housing for cooler running temperature.
- Helical spur gear design available in multiple ratios. UMC® was the first to offer a helical gear design in the industry.
- All aluminum gear case for cooler running, longer life, and increased corrosion resistance.
- Multi-bolt mounting pattern fits (3 3/8″ x 6 3/8″), (4 3/4” x 7 1/4”) and (5″ x 6″) bolt patterns.
- All gears are heat treated.
- Voltage: 460V 60 Hz, 380V 50 Hz and 208-230V 60Hz, 220-240V 50Hz.
- High strength steel shafting for long life and dependability.
- Thermally protected with automatic reset located in easily accessible junction box.
- Specially designed input and output seals.
- Top fill plug positioned to set correct oil level.
- All critical electrical connections use P.D. caps to encapsulate and to protect from moisture.
- Class H wire and Class F insulation.
- TFE tubing on all magnetic wire to motor lead connections.
- Makes possible the use of smaller generators and smaller incoming wire sizes.
- C.S.A., CCC, CE, and UL certified.
- Efficiency: 95%.
- Stainless junction box cover.
- Dual shaft seals.
UMC® manufactures the widest range of gearmotors in the industry. The UMC® Power Saver™ center drive is available with many different gear ratios, output speeds and motor types. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” solution. Get the Power Saver™ center drive that is tailored to your specific application. If you need assistance choosing the appropriate Power Saver™ center drive contact us today!