Advanced Development 740-U-AD Gearbox
The highest performing gearbox of its class in the industry.
This gearbox is purpose built for higher performance and longer life. Although it is overkill for conditions where a Moderate Duty or a 725 gearbox would suffice, many growers like the versatility of the 740-U-AD as it allows for operating in conditions where machines run long hours, wheel ruts may exist, soil can be heavy and terrain is challenging.
The UMC® Advanced Development 740-U-AD features new and improved gearing made from harmonious self-lubricating materials that allow for greatly increased load capacity and reduced gear wear, extending the life of the gearbox. It is designed to support longer hours, longer spans, larger wheels, and heavier towers for use on center pivots and lateral move/ linear irrigation systems.
Features and Benefits
- New high torque worm gear
- Highest load capacity gearbox of its class in the industry based on UMC’s testing at all RPMs
- Lower average operating temperature
- 2.25″ output shaft
- 50:1 gear ratio
- Cartridge input and output seals
- Larger input bearings
- Input shaft guard
- External seal protectors for input and output seals
- Top oil fill plug
- 11-Bolt mounting pattern
- Full cycle expansion chamber with stainless steel cover
- Filled with extreme pressure worm gear oil
- Steel output shaft
- Tapered roller bearings
- Includes carriage bolts and nuts
- Dual ended input shaft
UMC® manufactures a wide range of gearboxes to satisfy any application for your pivot or lateral move system. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” solution. Get the gearbox that is tailored to your specific application. If you need assistance choosing the appropriate gearbox contact us today!