Designed for heavier overhung loads
Growers typically use the 745 gearbox on systems that feature large diameter pipe, long spans, heavy towers and/or large wheels. It is also recommended for field conditions where there is a potential for wheel ruts, heavy soil and rough terrain. This gearbox comes with special port in the cover to allow lubricating the output bearing with grease for applications where the gearbox is mounted in a non-conventional position.
The UMC® 745 final drive gearbox features a 2.5″ output shaft with larger output bearings capable of handling heavier overhung loads. The 745 also has a reinforced output flange and a gear case housing that is 25% stronger than the standard 740. It is designed for use on center pivots, corners and lateral move/ linear irrigation systems.
Features and Benefits
- 2.5″ output shaft
- 50:1 gear ratio
- Cartridge input seals with dual output seals
- Re-enforced output flange and a 25% stronger housing than the standard 740
- Larger input bearings
- Input shaft guard
- External seal protectors for input and output seals
- Top oil fill plug
- 11-Bolt mounting pattern
- Full cycle expansion chamber with stainless steel cover
- Filled with extreme pressure worm gear oil
- Steel output shaft and input shaft
- Tapered roller bearings
- Includes carriage bolts and nuts
- Dual ended input shaft
UMC® manufactures a wide range of gearboxes to satisfy any application for your pivot or lateral move system. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” solution. Get the gearbox that is tailored to your specific application. If you need assistance choosing the appropriate gearbox contact us today!