The industry standard 50:1 gearbox
The UMC® 740-U™ gearbox is designed for use on center pivots and lateral / linear irrigation systems. It has been the industry standard 50:1 gearbox used on many center pivot and lateral / linear irrigation systems globally for decades. It is capable of handling most field conditions and applications and its larger input bearings enable it to handle more load than the 725-U™ and Moderate Duty™ gearboxes and in turn support heavier spans and larger wheels.
The UMC® 740-U™ gearbox features a 50:1 gear ratio, a 2.25″ diameter output shaft, large input bearings, a steel worm gear, a cast iron bull gear and cartridge input and output seals that eliminate shaft grooving and reduce oil leaks.
Features and Benefits
- 2.25″ diameter steel output shaft
- 50:1 gear ratio
- Cartridge input and output seals
- Large input bearings
- Full cycle external expansion chamber with stainless steel cover
- 11-Bolt mounting pattern
- External seal protectors for input and output seals
- Top oil fill plug
- Filled with extreme pressure gear oil
- Dual ended input shaft with a hub cap for the unused end Positive wheel register
UMC® manufactures a wide range of gearboxes to satisfy any application for your pivot or lateral move system. We do not believe in a “one size fits all” solution. Get the gearbox that is tailored to your specific application. If you need assistance choosing the appropriate gearbox contact us today!