UMC® Standard Coupler
Designed for use as a coupler between the gearmotor and final drive gearbox.
The UMC® Standard Coupler is a shock-attenuating drive connection between the gearmotor and final drive gearbox. It has been the industry standard for many years on new systems from Original Equipment Manufacturers. It is available in a wide variety of sizes and configurations to fit any brand of center pivots and laterals.
The UMC® Standard Coupler features an alignment rod that helps keep concentric positioning under extreme loads. The added strength is ideal in heavy soils and on systems with larger-diameter tires.
Features and Benefits
- Proven service record of over 25 years
- Designed for extreme duty environments
- Ideal for high torque low speed conditions
- Alignment rod holds insert in place and coupler in alignment under extreme or sudden loads.
- Designed for use in extreme duty environments: heavy soils; Larger tire diameter; Higher torque motors; and stronger gearboxes.
- Designed to be the fusible link in the drive train to prevent failure in final drive gearbox or other hardware in problematic field conditions.
- Urethane insert offers an environmentally stable material with better resistance to UV rays and chemicals.
- Grooved insert option converts any coupler assembly for a towable application.
- UMC SQUEX-bolts (Square-Neck, Hex-Head) creates unique bolt anti-rotation feature that allows for faster single wrench assembly in Field.
- High torque conditions capture and compress insert lobes instead of shearing them.
- Shock attenuating puck insert allows for softer starts and stops.
- Ideal for high-torque, slow-speed conditions with severe back driving.
- Curved pressure pads compensate for out of line conditions.
- One year limited warranty.
UMC® was the first to introduce the shock attenuating coupler with a flexible insert. This drastically improved gearbox life and significantly reduced maintenance time and cost.